Our beaver-backed mitten making kit is perfect for the coldest conditions you’ll encounter on the winter trail!
This mitten making kit includes all necessary materials for a complete set of our premium beaver-backed winter mittens:
- Pre-cut deer hide palms (available in a variety of colours);
- Pre-cut beaver hide backs and thumbs PLEASE NOTE: Colour of hide may vary because this is a natural product and no two beavers are alike!;
- ~ 4 square feet of wool for the inner mitt (available in a variety of colours);
- ~ 4 metres of yarn for stitching inner mittens;
- 1 darning needle;
- Artificial sinew – enough for project, plus extra for repair kit;
- 2x “Glover’s Needles” (Aka. “Triangular Needles” or “Leather Needles”);
- 2 x 3/4” buckles;
- ~ 2′ of 3/4” webbing;
- Lure of the North Patch
- Full colour, bound instruction manual;
The Benefits of Beaver!
Beaver hide is a beautiful, luxuriously soft and dense, warm pelt, that is sustainably trapped across most of Canada. These beaver backed mittens are the perfect way to make a significantly warmer mitten without sacrificing any dexterity. We use the same thick, felted wool inner mitt that we use on our standard mittens, and a durable deerskin, moose or bison palm. The beaver fur covering the back of your mitt doesn’t interfere with dexterity at all while adding a great deal of extra insulation.
The Best Felted Mats!
Our made-in-Canada felted wool mats are soft, thick and WARM! Gone are the days of choosing between single layer mitts for added dexterity or double layer mitts for added warmth. We think our current wool strikes an absolutely perfect balance between warmth and dexterity. Thick and warm enough for the coldest mornings, but soft and flexible enough to be worn all day for a variety of tasks. You won’t be disappointed!
Measure your palm without your thumb around the palm. Compare the measurement with the sizing chart. Select the size that coincides with the chart. Please measure accurately, as we pre-cut the outer mittens for you.
18.00 cm- 0
19.50 cm- 1
21.00 cm – 2
22.50 cm – 3
24.00 cm – 4