This mitten making kit includes all necessary materials for a complete set of our wool and buckskin winter mittens:
- 5 sq ft of buckskin for your mitten outers (available in a variety of thicknesses and colours); If you are new to leather work, we suggest the 3oz hide as it will be easier to work than the heavier weights.
- ~ 4 square feet of wool for the inner mitt (available in a variety of colours);
- ~ 4 metres of yarn for stitching inner mittens;
- 1 darning needle;
- Artificial sinew – enough for project, plus extra for repair kit;
- 2x “Glover’s Needles” (Aka. “Triangular Needles” or “Leather Needles”);
- 2 x 3/4” buckles;
- ~ 2′ of 3/4” webbing;
- Decorative trim (available in a variety of styles);
- Lure of the North Patch;
- Full-colour, bound instructional booklet;
- OPTIONAL: Coyote or beaver fur trim;
New for 2019 – Our Best Wool Yet!
New for 2019, we’ve changed our wool supplier and think this is our finest wool yet! Our made-in-Canada felted wool mats are soft, thick and WARM! Gone are the days of choosing between single layer mitts for added dexterity or double layer mitts for added warmth. We think our current wool strikes an absolutely perfect balance between warmth and dexterity. Thick and warm enough for the coldest mornings, but soft and flexible enough to be worn all day for a variety of tasks. You won’t be disappointed!
Using thick felted wool and genuine deerskin your hands will thank you this winter. 100% breathable, your hands will stay dry and comfortable as these natural materials wick away the moisture.
Sizing instructions: Measure your palm without your thumb around the palm. Compare the measurement with the sizing chart. Select the size that coincides with the chart.
Circumference of Palm: Pattern Size
18.00 cm- 0
19.50 cm- 1
21.00 cm – 2
22.50 cm – 3
24.00 cm – 4
25.50 cm- 5