Trail toboggans are quite simply the most versatile hand-hauled craft for winter travelers. Long and narrow, the toboggans are designed to keep a load low to the ground for maximum stability. The large running surface allows the toboggan to float in your snowshoe track and go anywhere you do – regardless of snow conditions. Because it is flexible, a toboggan gracefully follows the contours of undulating terrain, and crests fallen trees readily. Toboggans are all cut in the traditional ‘coffin-shape’ for improved turning performance.
Our toboggans are made out of black (UV-resistant) “High-Density Polyethelene” (HPDE), a very durable, extremely low-friction plastic which is ideal for pulling on snow and ice. Toboggans roll up for easy transportation in vehicles! All toboggans come completely outfitted and ready for the trail with:
- White Ash crossbars, finished with multiple coats of spar varnish or linseed oil;
- Fully weather resistant fasteners throughout: stainless steel screws, copper rivets, brass rings;
- Durable 5mm climbing cord for running lines and tow lines;
- Soft, 2″ wide leather ‘tump’ strap for hauling with;
- Brass rings attached via adjustable prussik knots to create lashing points;
- Lashing straps and stainless steel camming buckles;
- Brake line for controlled descents;
Shipping Information: Additional shipping charges may apply on this item, depending on your location. Please consider the shipping price quoted by the system to be just a quote. We will inform you if the shipping is more or less than quoted.
Multiple Toboggan Shipping: Our shipping software is not sophisticated enough to compute multiple toboggans shipped together (as they nest nicely, and take up little more space than a single toboggan), so you will very likely be over-quoted shipping price for multiple toboggans.