Rather than repeat ourselves, if you want to learn more about our trail toboggans, their intended uses, advantages, etc please check out the product page here: HDPE Trail Toboggans.
Our trail toboggan kits include all of the following (note: quantity ranges are given, b/c quantities differ depending on the length of toboggan kit selected):
- 8′ – 12′ x 1/4″ x 15″ toboggan blank, cut to a ‘coffin’ shape with holes pre-drilled;
- 6 – 8 partially finished White Ash crossbars (dimensioned, rounded & notched to accept running lines);
- 16 – 24m of 5mm cord for running lines and haul lines;
- 2m of 1″ tubular nylon webbing for brake line;
- 24 – 34 #8 x 3/4″ flat-head stainless screws;
- 5 #8 x 3/4″ pan-head stainless screws;
- 1 #9 copper rivet;
- Hardwood rivet setter;
- Complete lash system:
- 4 – 8m of 3mm cord for prussiks on lash rings;
- 9 – 15 brass lash rings;
- 1 or 2 polyester straps;
- 1 or 2 stainless steel buckles, sewn to polyester loops;
- LotNs custom leather tump.
- A small rasp or sandpaper to soften edges of notches in CBs;
- Linseed oil, spar varnish or another finish of your choice;
- Drill with standard bits, Robertson drive bit and countersink bit;
- Straightedge, measuring tape, marker, etc
Note: Additional shipping charges may apply on this item, depending on your location. Please consider the shipping price quoted by the system to be just a quote. We will inform you if the shipping is more or less than quoted.
Multiple Toboggan Shipping: Our shipping software is not sophisticated enough to compute multiple toboggans shipped together (as they nest nicely, and take up little more space than a single toboggan), so you will very likely be over-quoted shipping price for multiple toboggans.