This mitten making kit includes all necessary materials for a complete set of our wool and buckskin winter mittens:
- 5 sq ft of buckskin for your mitten outers
- ~ 4 square feet of wool for the inner mitt (available in a variety of colours);
- ~ 4 metres of yarn for stitching inner mittens;
- 1 darning needle;
- Artificial sinew – enough for project, plus extra for repair kit;
- 2x “Glover’s Needles” (Aka. “Triangular Needles” or “Leather Needles”);
- 2 x 3/4” buckles;
- ~ 2′ of 3/4” webbing;
- Decorative trim (available in a variety of styles);
- Lure of the North Patch;
- Full-colour, bound instructional booklet;
- OPTIONAL: Coyote or beaver fur trim;
Our Best Wool Yet!
Our made-in-Canada felted wool mats are soft, thick and WARM! We think our current wool strikes an absolutely perfect balance between warmth and dexterity. Thick and warm enough for the coldest mornings, but soft and flexible enough to be worn all day for a variety of tasks. You won’t be disappointed!
Using thick felted wool and genuine deerskin your hands will thank you this winter. 100% breathable, your hands will stay dry and comfortable as these natural materials wick away the moisture.
Because our wool stock is constantly being re-stocked, we have reserved the right to pick the wool colour for you. This saves the step of getting you to pick a second and third choice which will delay your order from being filled. However! If you have a preference in colour, feel free to write it in the comments on your order notes. We will do our best to fulfill your choice. Barring that we will choose a very pretty colour that best matches your hide and decorative trim choice. We normally stock the following colours: White, green, blue, red, brown, grey.
Sizing instructions: Measure your palm without your thumb around the palm. Compare the measurement with the sizing chart. Select the size that coincides with the chart.
Circumference of Palm: Pattern Size
18.00 cm- 0
19.50 cm- 1
21.00 cm – 2
22.50 cm – 3
24.00 cm – 4
25.50 cm- 5