We’ve just wrapped up a fantastic first season, and are still basking in the warm glow of a beautiful winter very well spent!
Full trip reports and videos will be released slowly over the weeks and/ or months to come. In the meantime most of the season’s photos have now been uploaded, and can be viewed here.
This season (our first official guiding season) we’ve had the pleasure of running 5 trips, totaling 26 days on trip, with 25 different participants. Some of the highlights include:
- We had our youngest participant to date: 11 year old Nicole, who pulled her own toboggan for four days, and hiked high up the flanks of Killarney’s highest point: Silver Peak.
- We also had our most mature participant to date: at 68 years of age Louis impressed every group member on our recent 8-day Ishpatina expedition. Despite waist-deep snow, we all made it to the summit of Ontario, and even enjoyed a little polar bear dip the following day!
- This year we had the honour and pleasure of getting to meet and go on trip with Kevin Callan in beautiful Killarney Provincial Park;
- Along with some of last year’s Ishpatina Ridge participants we traveled all the way across Killarney in a 7 day expedition from the SE corner to the NW corner of the park! This route took in some of the park’s most spectacular terrain, and the 150+ metres (500′) of elevation gain with toboggans in tow, tested us all and brought us closer together as a group and as friends. This is the first part of a “Triple Crown” offering we intend to offer in the future which will include a 7-day crossing of Killarney PP, a 10+ day crossing of Algonquin PP, and a 14+ day crossing of the Temagami wilderness area!
We’d like to sincerely thank everyone who believed in us for our first season and provided support and/ or encouragement:
- Kevin Callan;
- Tim, Kathy and the whole White Squall crew;
- Viki and Allan from Kukagami Lodge;
- John Langford of Voyageur Quest;
- Brian Ramakko of Ramakko’s Outdoor Adventure Store;
- Tim and Chris of the Canadian Outdoor Equipment Co.;
- Our parents;
- And most importantly: every single person who joined us for a trip this season – Thank You!