- UPDATE, Aug 30: Our winter 2021 schedule is live! There is a NO RISK policy in place until Sep 30 so we can have a better sense of how the COVID situation will evolve as the weather starts to cool. Additionally if government policies prevent you from joining our trip, no money will be lost! It will be converted to an expedition credit valid for 5 years (through 2026). If you’re not ready to sign up for a trip, but want to stay informed, then signing up for our newsletter is your best bet.
- Jan 4-9 (6d): Kids and their Big Kid Supervisors!
- Jan 10 – 16 (7d): Intro to Winter Camping and Vast Horizons Journey;
- Jan 23 – 30 (8d): Temagami: Wolf L – Laura Creek loop;
- Jan 31 – Feb 13 (14d): Northwoods Winter Experience w/ Paul Kirtley and Frontier Bushcraft! (Link takes you to Frontier Buschraft site);
- Feb 20 – 27 (8d): Life on the Trapline;
- Feb 27 – Mar 6 (8d): Brain tanning and Wild Game Butchering;
- *NEW* Feb 28 – Mar 6 (7d): Intro to Winter Camping and Vast Horizons Journey;
- *SOLD OUT* Mar 13 – 27 (15d): Trans-Ontario Part 1 of 5: Lake Superior to Missinaibi;
Winter 2022 (THE BIG ONE! The really big one!)
Jan 18 – Apr 17 (90d): The Big TOE (Trans-Ontario Expedition)
700km from Lake Superior to the Arctic Ocean at James Bay via the Michipicoten and Missinaibi Rivers over 90 days. We’re not kidding about this, if you’re interested, get in touch with us!
More details will be released in the months to come, but if you are at all interested in this get in contact with us and help build the momentum! We are looking for keen folks to join us to make this thing a reality!
We also get that maybe not everyone can take 90 days off to go snowshoeing, so we’re also offering the opportunity to join us for any or all of the 5 stages that make up this expedition:
- Stage 1: Late Jan. Michipicoten River, 2 weeks, ~ 120km;
- Stage 2: Early Feb: Missinaibi Headwaters, 2 weeks, ~ 100km;
- Stage 3: Late Feb & early Mar: Upper Missinaibi, 3 weeks, 160km;
- Stage 4: Late Mar & early Apr: Lower Missinaibi, 3 weeks, 240km;
- Stage 5: Mid Apr: Moose River, 1 week, 80km