A hidden paradise in North-Eastern Ontario “Golden Pond” is a beautiful wetland property surrounded on all sides by thousands of acres of crown land. According to Wikipedia wetlands are the most biologically diverse ecosystems in the world. With the abundance of wildlife we’ve seen around here, that didn’t come as any surprise to us! From beavers and otters to moose, bear and wolves; from Sandhill Cranes, to Canada Geese and Pileated Woodpeckers; from frogs to snakes and snapping turtles “the pond” is alive with the sounds of nature. As far as we’re concerned, the best way to appreciate the thriving ecosystem around us is from the comforts of a simple wall tent, which leaves us as close to Mother Nature as possible without sleeping out in the rain!
Our “glamping” package includes:
- Boat shuttle to and from our property;
- Accommodation in a private, spacious wall tent with covered wrap-around deck;
Tent includes 2 x single-over-double bunk beds;
- Fully-equipped cooking facilities at tent, including 2-burner propane stove;
- Use of tandem canoe and small row boat;
- Access to thousands of acres of surrounding crown (public) wilderness and the beautiful La Cloche Mountains.
$125 / night for up to 6 people;
*Price is per tent, not per person. Tent can accommodate 1 – 6 people;
*Minimum 2-night stay;
*One time, $25 surcharge if more than 4 people to pay for an additional boat shuttle.
$45 / person / day for three meals. BYOB.
Please contact us for more information or to book!