Location: Lure Basecamp on “Golden Pond”
$285 Introductory Price for our first year offerings at our new basecamp!
Combine your two favourite hobbies in one awesome weekend: Camping and Hand-Crafting! Come stay at Lure of the North’s new basecamp on Golden Pond just west of Sudbury to enjoy a relaxing weekend full of crafts and an immersion in nature.
Arriving on Friday evening you will be shuttled by boat across the stunning Moose Lake into our private wilderness basecamp. You’ll settle in, have some snacks and enjoy an outdoor campfire by the water.
Saturday will start with a hearty breakfast and brew-up followed by a full day of leather working. We will likely finish the bottom portion of the bag this first day. The evening will be a relaxing one that could involve a sunset paddle, fishing off the rocks, campfire or evening stroll. Or maybe you just want to read your book!
Sunday with be full of dying, stamping and pounding rivets to attach the strap onto your bag to finish the workshop. In the evening you can take your bag for a stroll full of possibilities for your future adventures.
Monday will be a relaxing breakfast before packing up and shuttling you out for the journey back home.
- 7 Meals including: Snacks Friday evening then Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Sat & Sun and Breakfast on Monday;
- Rustic Accommodation in our shared wall tents (Largest tent sleeps 6 on first come first serve basis. Remainder will be in smaller canvas wall tents in seperate location);
- Materials and Instruction to make buckskin game bag;
- Shuttle to and from basecamp via Moose Lake;
- Access to property trails and facilities (no shower or running water but there is a lavish thunderbox and a gorgeous lake to swim in!)
To register please head back to the workshop page.