Dates: May 20-23, 2016
Price: $335 +HST
Combine your two favourite hobbies in one awesome weekend: Camping and Hand-Crafting! Come stay at Lure of the North’s new basecamp on Golden Pond just west of Sudbury to enjoy a relaxing weekend full of crafts and an immersion in nature.
Arriving on Friday evening you will be shuttled by boat across the stunning Moose Lake into our private wilderness basecamp. You’ll settle in, have some snacks and enjoy an outdoor campfire by the water.
Saturday will comprise of a hearty breakfast and brew-up followed by a day of summer moccasin making! We will finish the day by painting the soles on to allow ample time for them to dry before departure.
Sunday we’ll start with an early morning (not that early!) hike around the property in search of Moose or other wildlife while harvesting birch bark for the afternoon crafts. In the afternoon we’ll create a folded birch box and stitch a traditional larger basket. In the evening you’ll have free time to relax with a book, star-gaze, sing by the campfire with guitars or go fishing to catch tomorrow’s breakfast!
Monday morning will be again free time to hike, sleep-in or go for a paddle before packing up and heading back home.
- 7 Meals including: Snacks Friday evening then Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Sat & Sun and Breakfast on Monday;
- Rustic Accommodation in our shared wall tents (Largest tent sleeps 6 on first come first serve basis. Remainder will be in smaller canvas wall tents in seperate location);
- Materials and Instruction to make one pair of summer moccasins;
- Materials and Instruction to make birch crafts;
- Shuttle to and from basecamp via Moose Lake;
- Access to property trails and facilities (no shower or running water but there is a lavish thunderbox and a gorgeous lake to swim in!)
To register please head back to the workshop page here.