Update: May 2023
We did it!!
It took us 72 days and we did it! Travelling over 730 km by snowshoes from Lake Superior to James Bay! 14 snowshoers, 2 tents, 4 resupplies and a LOT of slush.
Trip report and video coming soon (eventually!)
More details will be released in the coming months, including more detailed descriptions of each leg. In the meantime, if you are interested and you want to take part in the entire journey, or one or more legs of the journey, the best thing you can do is get in touch with us and share your interest!
This is almost certainly the only time we will ever offer an expedition that spans the entire winter season!
- Stage 1: Late Jan. Michipicoten River, 2 weeks, 120km;
- Stage 2: Early Feb: Missinaibi Headwaters, 2 weeks, 100km;
- Stage 3: Late Feb & early Mar: Upper Missinaibi, 3 weeks, 160km;
- Stage 4: Late Mar & early Apr: Lower Missinaibi, 3 weeks, 240km;
- Stage 5: Mid Apr: Moose River, 1 week, 80km
The initial reaction upon suggesting something like this to returning guests has been extremely positive, so we’re moving ahead into the next stage of planning!